The start of something big.
NOTE: Currently, we’re only listing our primary chitosan product (95% DDA / 750 kDa) for general purchase. We are rapidly expanding our operation to include multiple SKUs at various technical specifications, and we’ll add them here as soon as we’re confident that they can consistently meet our high quality requirements. In the meantime, if you’d like us to focus on a particular set of parameters to meet your unique needs, let’s talk.
trū Chitosan works closely with Parimer Scientific, LLC for the large-scale production of chitosan and formulation of chitosan-related derivatives.
NAICS Code Registrations
- 325411 Medicinal and Botanical Manufacturing
- 325998 Chemical Manufacturing
- 541380 Testing Laboratories
- 541690 Scientific & Technical Consulting
- 541711 Research and Development in BioTech
- 541713 R&D Nanotechnology
- 541714 R&D Biotechnology
- 541990 All other Professional Scientific and Tech services
- cGMP Compliance (CFR 21.211) - US Food & Drug Administration
- ISO Compliance (ISO 9001) - US National Institutes of Health
- Controlled Substance, All Schedules (RN: RP0615685) - US Drug Enforcement Administration
- SC Compliance (SC 40-43-83) - South Carolina Board of Pharmacy
- DHEC, All Schedules (RN: 95-19735) - S. Carolina Board of Health & Environmental Control
- Legal Name: Parimer Scientific, LLC
- Federal Tax ID Number: 83-0963932
- SC Tax ID Number: 115080642
- DUNS Number: 038696069
- Cage Code: 89SY8
- FDA Registration Number: 3014735278
- TTB Permit: MNBP-SC-21002
- Medical Alcohol Permit: SDS-SC-2003
trū Chitosan partners with Hawkins, Inc. for the bulk distribution of chitosan products across a national network of warehouses and branch facilities.
- Contract Manufacturing
- Powder Manufacturing
- Liquid Manufacturing
- Custom Packaging
- Private Label Manufacturing
Quality Management Systems
- Lot Traceability
- Change Control Management
- Document Control
- Label Generation, Control, and Reconciliation
- Environmentally Monitored Production Processes
- Environmentally Controlled Production Facilities and Warehouses
- Non-Animal Origin (BSE/TSE) Control
- Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA) Systems
- Supplier Management
- Validated Manufacturing and Production Processes
- Quality Monitored Production Processes
- In-House Audit Program
- Personnel Training Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I be sure that each product lot meets the listed specifications?
Each product lot is tested by chitosan chemistry experts in a FDA-registered and ISO-accredited facility according to United States Pharmacopeia (USP)-validated methods specific to chitosan. The facility and its processes are audited multiple times each year for compliance.
Can trū Chitosan be used as an excipient?
Yes. Chitosan HCL was added as an excipient to the European Pharmacopoeia 6.0 in 2002 followed by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP-NF 34) in 2012. Learn more here
Is trū Chitosan compatible with other ingredients?
Yes. Chitosan is stable in a wide range of conditions and is commonly mixed with other polysaccharides including hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), gelatin, collagen, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. In general, chitosan will turn into a gel in both acids and solids when neutral or basic but the molecule remains intact.
Can trū Chitosan be used for medical applications?
Yes. However, note that trū Chitosan by itself is not a medical product. It is not indicated by the FDA for any purpose other than as a raw material for other medical products or as an excipient.
Does trū Chitosan do custom formulations?
Absolutely! We are more than happy to work with you and create a wide range of form factors (gel, liquid, solid, powder, fiber, fleece, etc.). Please contact us for more information.